No pull top end on vr6.....

Discussion in 'Engines' started by 1990, Oct 24, 2003.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

It was only reving to 5000 on the rollers at well lane so i followed their recomendation and fitted a standard air box/filter (I havent re fitted the head-inlet recirculator yet).

Anyway the car now revs right to the red line but seems a bit gutless after 5000, do i have a fueling problem?

2. Mike 8v Forum Member

I think the rollers should've picked up on a fuelling problem

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Sounds more like coil pack.

Mine died on me at York Dragway. pulled ok in the loer gears, but was flat as a f4rt over 5000rpm once I got into 3rd.

4. 1990

How much for a second hand coilpack? Or should i buy a new one??

Can anyone lend me one to test????

I live in sunny Rochdale :(

5. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

You can come up to mine and try mine on, and pick that alternator up whilst you're at it.

6. mk1. Forum Junkie

it would if they put a probe up the exhaust,for some strange reason they were just doing power figures?

7. 1990

Maybe they stuck the probe somewhere else [xx(]

I passed the emmisions part of the mot easily last week. I have a mate who is building a mk2 with a corrado vr6 init, i'll see if he will lend me his coilpack, your house was a bit further than i thought last time Paul but i'll come up for the eibach!

8. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Eibach what? strut brace or roll bars?

9. 1990

Strut brace, have you wet the bed or what? I didnt think you worked weekends, and i didnt think anyone who didnt work was up at this time.

10. bluevr New Member

Mine felt exactly the same so I had it put on the rollers and it was just flat after 5000rpm - and max bhp was down at 125 road/168 fly. They suggested that the cat was blocked (dunno if you've got one on yours) - and if you looked at the cat when doing 6000 rpm it had a patch that was glowing red indicating a blockage.(suggest you do this when on rollers not opening the door and sticking your head out on the motorway lol).

Bit of a gamble but I managed to find a 2nd hand one for 75 - fitted it and problem solved.

11. PeteVR6 Forum Member

I live in sunny Rochdale :( [/QUOTE]

Whereabouts in Rochdale do you live mate?I live in Middleton/Blackley area but the girlfriend lives in Littleborough so I pass through Rochdale most nights.Do you ever go on town hall?I drive a black Vento VR6,lowered and OZ Super T's.You might have seen it knocking about

PETE

12. 1990

BlueVR, I have a decat pipe fitted but thanks for the suggestion.

Pete, I live near the football ground and work at boro heating, a guy (called tommy) who comes in my work was telling me about his son who has a black vento vr6, is he your dad?

I might have seen it, is it on an M plate?
    Edited by: 1990

13. PeteVR6 Forum Member

Yeah,thats my dad.Small world eh?He comes in your place with his mate Tony.Its an L-reg,now on a private reg-L666VRG.You cant miss it(usually filthy cos i rarely wash it)

Peter

14. 1990

Tony Hyde AKA Claud Greengrass, feck me it is definately a small world, do you fancy comming to the Rochdale meet on Saturday?

OH yes, and the car went alot better with the other coilpack on, mine has a good few cracks on the bottom of it and was only held in by 2 bolts??? Bit dodgy.

Phatvr6, if you come accross any damaged corrado vr6's while on your search let me know, i fancy attempting a vr conversion on my own over the winter.
    Edited by: 1990

15. PeteVR6 Forum Member

I'll try and get there!!A lot of the dash is in bits at mo-in process of fitting tv and dvd player.

PETER