No spark.. valver

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Kempycorrado, May 30, 2010.

1. Kempycorrado Forum Member

it hasn't be starting for around 12 months how do i get the pressure back in the fuel system. Give it a good cranking? I'm not sure about the 5th injector thats something i don't know, where is it found? Thanks again

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

turn the key 1 click a couple of times is all you need to do, fills the reservoir back up with fuel and thats it. 5th inj is the blue thing on passenger side o the inlet manifold.

3. Kempycorrado Forum Member

thats the cold start value? That has good spray

4. rubjonny

yeah csv/5th inj are the same thing :)

5. Kempycorrado Forum Member

some combustion

ok I fired up today for a couple of moments. :) I just need to leave the battery charge up abit more before I try again.. It sounded a bit rough but its not run for 12months. It wasnt really workng from the ignition so I tried directly off the starter which got it going. It did leave a fair amount of smoke, from the rear of the engine, could this have been the 4 branch I fitted or something else? It only ran for a few moment so I dont see it being steam or something like that? also Why might it only of ran for a short time ?

One last thing, the power steering pully and the belt dont run parallel like it should its kinda angled. The pully on the crank is bolted on with normal bolts and if I went any tighter it deforms the pully over the bolts underneath. might I have used the wrong bolts when bolting the pully to the crankshaft?

cheers Rub:thumbup:

6. rubjonny

manifolds will smoke a bit especially if you installed it with dirty hands, can take a while for it all to burn off. some may have an anti-rust coating on which will also burn off.

not sure what you mean about the pulley deforming on the bolts underneath? the 4 bolts should hold both the crank pullies onto the engine together? pics? oem bolts are allen head btw

7. Kempycorrado Forum Member

the crank pully is further out than the PS pump pully so they dont line up? If that makes sense.

8. rubjonny

hmm maybe its from the wrong model, i guess its using mk2 pas & pulley setup yes?

9. Kempycorrado Forum Member

Well the bottom end is my original 9a thats in my Corrado and all the belts on pullys are my old ones except the new timing belt and tensioner I fitted. I may have fitted something wrong probably, I got no pics of it sorry

10. Kempycorrado Forum Member

She starts now and runs :). Just need to sort the idle valve I think

11. Kempycorrado Forum Member

no joy with idle so far, i'm thinking there is a vacuum problem

12. Kempycorrado Forum Member

Ive been looking at my daily corrado 2.0l 16v, I wondered as my project is a 9a etc but with a KR head, should I set up the senders like they are on there? so the 2pin should be on the top right of the flange?

13. rubjonny

is the corrado still on the factory management? if so no, keep the 9a sensors as they were on the old head

14. Kempycorrado Forum Member

It idled today for a bit with the 2pin bottom right of the flange, and 1 single temp sender, I got another temp sender fitted top left of the flange but no connector for it. The other 2 pin bottom left of the flange is fitted but only as a plug lol..

15. Kempycorrado Forum Member

Apparently before I started working on the car today, my mate fired it up 1st time and it idled :)

looked like this when I left :eek:
    [​IMG]

I done lots of fun stuff on the car today:

firstly I took of the lambda probe so that I can extend it to fit the 4 branch, easy
    Removed lower manifold to gain easier access to the water flange at the front because it was leaking when the car was running, it got hot too quick to, so I decided to remove the thermostat ( never done these before ). Turns out the thermostat is bust so that'll help the overheating I hope. The flange needs replacing, the lip where the seal goes was broke :p A little worrying was that there was a little mayo in the flange, could that be something to do with it being a little bit of oil somewhere during my rebuild, would some coolant flush sort it??? :shrug:

So I need a couple of new gaskets, a flange and water seal, and a PS pump belt, coolant bottle cap conversion maybe....

Then I think it'll be cool, just need a sesh with a strobe for the timing
    [:D]

16. rubjonny

if you only have 1 2 pin plug, its for the ecu and it wont work connected to the big brown sensor at the bottom right. look at the plug, if its white it needs to go to the 2 pin sensor with a white connector!

17. Kempycorrado Forum Member

thanks again. you are a legend.. you must help so many people, dunno how people repay you mate

18. Kempycorrado Forum Member

Today I had to fit new injector inserts and seals to the manifold, once I did that I fired her up first time and it idled well. It does need timing still with the strobe.