Non vag; changing focus brake light bulb

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by Mk2Luke16v, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

Right, 51 plate focus, brake light bulb. Offered to change one for a mate thinking it'd be the sort of 2 second job it is on a mk2 golf, but clearly not. Anyone know how to do this? I'm thinking the whole light cluster has to come out, but having undone one obvious plastic screw it was loose but wouldn't come off. Surely ford didnt design it so that you have to remove the trim panel inside just to change a bulb??

2. MarcN Forum Member

Funnily enough, I did this yesterday on a Neighbours Fiesta (similar age), not sure if it would be the same?

The owners manual said to remove the two screws on the cluster, what it didn't mention was the plastic wingnut on the inside of the car. Once they were all off it pulled off easily enough, and was straightforward. As I say may not be the same, but I'd imagine it was similar.

3. DeViL666 Forum Member

there will either be two 10 mm nuts on inside of cluster as you look when boot is open or inside the car you will have to remove two blanking plugs and they are behind there depending on the year of the focus. This is from memory so maybe wrong though.

4. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

Cheers guys, i'll take another look armed with that info. When i looked it was getting dark so maybe daylight will help.

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Yep :thumbup: