'normalisation' of iPod music levels

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by stella, Jul 9, 2012.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Is it possible to make music on an iPod all play at the same volume? I used to use 'normalisation' when making CDs with Nero, but now I have to contend with iTunes and I hate it!

It is really annoying when plugged into my car stereo to have to keep turning the volume up/down.

2. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

If its the new ipod touch/ iphone types, the go to SETTINGS> scroll down to MUSIC> and the turn on Sound check - I think that will do it! You will also find in there the Volume limit if you which to use that too.

3. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Thanks, Dan :) I've now set that on my iPad but my two little iPods have no screen therefore no settings to go into, so it looks like I shall have to carry on turning the volume up and down when I'm using them plugged into the car wireless.

Maybe this year Santa will bring me an iPod with a screen on it lol

4. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

You should be able to do that from iTunes as well, this should help with the iPod with no screens

here is a guide: http://ipod.about.com/od/advanceditunesuse/ss/soundcheck_it_2.htm

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Thanks - now sorted on my iPods :)