norris evo smack @ combe no2

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by gillm, May 8, 2008.

1. gillm

gillm ***** User

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I read he'd fallen off again - whilst disputing ?2nd? place.

3. gillm

gillm ***** User

1 hell of a battle tbh . very close racing but its just a shame he has to take other cars out when he has a off .

some people slate his driving but i can't imagine what his evo's are like to control .

4. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

looks one hell of a hand full!!!! great footage tho :)

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Looks like he went for the grass to grab some space.

s of damage tho - mental [xx(]

Think they should call it the Combe Rallycross champs what with all the loony Evos - 600+ brake now rumoured from some of those motors. RallyX is pretty similar.

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i cant wait to get home and DL this

is it on par with the crash where he speared the peugeot?

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

Pure commitment :lol:

Looked to me like he jumped on the brakes hard and it veered onto the grass and took out the other evo.

That's how I roll on gran turismo

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

That's what I thought from the in-car. Looks like a locked left rear under braking, hence turning square right onto the grass. May need to watch it again - I forget whether he actually turned it right (don't tihnk he did [:s]).

But then there's no tyre smoke as it goes to the barriers IIRC (need to watch again later tho).

Not a patch on the Peugeot crash - diddy one this by comparison, even though s were being binned.

9. Rigs Paid Member Paid Member

Complete brake failure apparently - play it again and you can hear him pumping the pedal!

'least no one was hurt. [:|]

10. seanlazyass Forum Member

Nasty crash. ^ rigs is right, you can hear and see him pumping the brake pedal.

If he hadn't taken out the Red Evo too he may well have been injured.

11. seanlazyass Forum Member

Not an excuse Im afraid. His driving looks awful to me. He almost looses it under braking several times. He's holding the steering wheel with one hand and the gear stick with the other [:s]

Looks like hamfisted driving to me, looked like he was going to have an off at any moment. He gets away with it most of the time due to the silly bhp.

12. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

the driving is erratic.
    the in car from the other more experienced drivers would be interesting to see.

Prebs's EVO clearly does not have the power of Norris's own, but Preb's is the more experienced hard charging driver and circuit expert. BOTH evo's suffering brake issues before and during the race.
    Powerful they are, but they're also heavy.

650bhp EVO-1300kg
    500bhp Ibiza-1000Kg

both types are a handfull especially when stuck with using road tyres as they squirm to apply the power to the road.

13. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

Thats why they make em out of kevlar.....

14. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

alomost stopped watching it about 3 times as I was getting bored then all of a sudden mental crash!!! weird how when you watch a video they don't look like they are going that fast at all untill they crash then its like they are on ice and going 200mph!!!

he does seem a bit cack tbf, but then Ive never driven a 650bhp evo lol

15. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Watched it again (first time I was watching at work, sound down) and yeah, he's up a creek all of a sudden. Hear the brake squeak- scary as, having no effect [xx(]

Amazing really - big hit at the Esses, and even with a straight, the brakes had quietly gone away on him.

As you say Bill, weight of car playing a huge part - ducting needed methinks. Is it allowed in the regs? Unlimited power (ish) and surely not limited brakes?

Makes me wonder - how long before Combe get told to move the barriers back?

16. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

ducting allowed, as are whatever brakes you like. they all run the 225-45-17 tyres so limit their brake size by choosing to stick with the RE070 tyres imho.
    The power norris has over prebs is significant as he rips by him when he fully plants his foot and revs further. more muscle than finese. both guys hammering on, prebs working the nadgers off his lesser powered evo, and norris mullaring the throttle, snatching gears, and flinging it about. neither of them are what you would call smooth drivers.. :lol:
    Prebs had long pedal last race and this quali and was bleeding new fluid thru it after quali.
    It is surprising when the pedal sinks to the floor all of a sudden. Jabba's old mk4 before I bought it, did this to me same corner, the pedal sunk approaching tower and stayed stuck down!!!! nothing to pump.. shhhhhhhheeeeeeaaaaaaaaaatttttt.. sideways into there on full power to slide it back out of the other side very relieved. next corner, pedal had come back but sunk to the floor on use.. end of session, returned to pits and had no brakes what so ever aside from handbrake. 312mm disks and pagid FR pads had expired.
    1st job when I bought the car some months later was fit brembos. problem solved.

17. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

would he have stood a better chance had he turned onto the grass and used the throttle to try and get dsome sort of grip going to change his momentum?? obviously he probably wouldn't have saved it just wondered if it would have damage limitated

18. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

The link`s not working for me, and I can`t find the vid through their site...[8(]

19. olliemk2 Forum Member

woah thats mental, looks well fun!(part from binning it!!)
    reminds of the pulsar days...(aahh, v. fast but very unreliable!! haha)
    makes me want a turbo again!:lol:

20. HidRo Forum Member

Serious madnes behind that steering wheel! eheheh
    DamN!

Looks to me that he was already having some brake problems after 3rd lap or so.