not got a lot ofpower when cold gt tdi

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by crag9, Oct 2, 2007.

1. crag9 New Member

HI Can any1 help me out I have just got a mk4 gt tdi 1.9 150 bhp and I love it but for the first mile or 2 if I put my foot down it either loses power or jumps like a miss fire on petrol cars but it is deisel. after a mile or so it is ok can boot it and it's all their ??

Thanks
    Crag9

p.s spelling may be wrong:)

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

My mk4 turbo does something similar, but only for the firsy 30 seconds. I get no fault codes with Vag Com though

3. crag9 New Member

well at least i'm not on my own lol vw can't find a fault just bugs me more than anything. I don't like to boot it till its warm anyway but some times you need it there and then.
    Thanks
    Crag

4. Seraph Banned

Perhaps linked to the warm up phase

Does it do this even when the car has been running?

5. LEECEE New Member

cold / start & jumping

Hi my new purchase 150 does'nt turn over right and jumps from second to third and fourth then after few miles fine in top gear however has been getting worse so taken to garage and will report what is going on if this may help ... looks like fuel pump ?? plus eating fuel ...
    report back tom..
    Well been and saying will be fly wheel so fixing that tom so report on that and hope ot fixes the problem.. Nothing came up on the diagnostic machine ???? mmm no light either mmm

Well running worse now and going to take to the gods of VW and spend some money hope to claim back as just bought this from baskeyfields of stoke great guys there advice to buy of them,,, check in later,.....

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008