Nothing to fix

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by EZ_Pete, Oct 7, 2010.

1. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

OK, so I don't believe in fate or jinxing myself. :p

Having had a (very) few problems with my Golf since inheriting it from the missus, I've learnt quite a lot about it - mainly on here - and enjoyed learning how to work on a car. Being able to diagnose the trouble, mend the dodgy bit, or buy the correct replacement and then fit it has been rather satisfying to me over the last few years.

Now I've got a bit of confidence, and wouldn't be overly worried at attempting more-or-less any repair on the car, nothing seems to go wrong. [><]

Anyone else have the same 'dissatisfaction' with their Mk2?

Of course, working on the missus's Omega fulfils a lot of my needs; and the odd bit of assistance to friends and colleagues with car trouble, plus trying to help folk on here with stuff I'm familiar with helps. But do I need to buy a worse car? [:s]

2. danster Forum Addict

You need a Digifant in your life. ;)

3. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

:lol: Been considering that, as it happens.

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

whats wrong with digi?? i have never had any major problem with it in the past, altho i now use megasquirt....

no pete i cant say im enjoying the same trouble free motoring!

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

If it can go wrong with a mk2, its gone wrong on my mk2, cant think of many more things to fix atleast.

6. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

your not trying hard enough! you need to look for the niggles... on the surface my mk2 is fine and dandy....but

I could:

sort the front aches as the track wheels and tyres catch just,

refix on the plastic aches as they are held on by 1 rivet and love and hope it seems

fix the clutch as the bites really low due to the bracket being welded on wrong by the last owner

aim the head lights properly as they are only roughly aimed

get the middle box of the exhaust removed and sort the small blow on the midddle joint

sort the blow bulb on the speedo

and if it reeeaaalllyy bored remove the dash and tidy all the wiring behind there as after 18 owners its a bit of a mess,

and then remove the coil overs and replace the stuck seats

thats not also counting the small bits on the girlfriends car like clay baring it, getting the winter wheels ready, getting the re trimmer interior back......

if you want to do some jobs of mine feel free lol

7. pigbladder Forum Addict

go poking under it with an old wood chisel...soon find yourself some touch in /welding