nut problem

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by didgy58, Mar 13, 2004.

1. didgy58 New Member

not sure if this is the right place but here goes

had a slight problem today, one of my tyres blew up on me while i was driving well stupid me dont carry a spare so my dad went to the scrappy to pick one up just to get me to the tyre place to get a tyre on the alloy that just went bang, the spare he brought was off a mk3 golf 4stud so it fitted (the scrappy guy said it shud) the only problem i had was the fact that my original wheels where alloy wheels and i thought the bolts would b fine to use, doesnt seem to cause as i start to move off there is a clunk and it keeps happenin every revolution of that new spare, find out that the bolts are longer and they are causing problems to the rear drum (wondered why the handbrake felt a bit funny at the time), well got the tyre fixed etc was just wondering if n e one on here might happen to have a set of original bolts from a mk2 golf that they might want to flog on the cheap or even pass this way so if it happens again i can put my spare on with no worries thanks. by the way its a mk2 88 that i have thanks again

dan

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

cant you nick some from that scrappy??

3. didgy58 New Member

wud i need to nick them off a mk3 or cud i go to the scrappy and nick them off a mk2??

4. Scotty Forum Member

Just take both for good measures will be cheap ;)

5. Steve B Forum Junkie

you can get em off a mk2

6. alunwm Forum Member

I beleive I have four in the garage that you are more than welcome to.

Send me your address :)