O2J mk2 front mount

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by dodgy, Oct 16, 2020.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Just got a few more bits for the planned conversion, from 1.6 auto to 1.8t manual
    Plan was to go 6 speed, but I've just got an o2j box, shafts and g60 flywheel etc. Picked up starter today and gear change.
    I grabbed a front mount bracket from a mk2 16v KR engine car, but originally had another bracket from a seat that was then welded to the 6 speed mount kit.
    Had a look at things this afternoon and see that the 16v bracket doesn't seem to fit, but the seat one will, although needs 6 speed bit taking off.
    The one that fits is part number 6k0199273, caddy tdi comes up when searching, mk3 based I presume. Is it ok to use on the mk2, or do I need to source something else?
    Rambling on a bit, but thanks for any help.
    First 2 pics 16v?, last 2 are the tdi mount.

Attached Files:

2. dodgy

Managed to get some stuff done this afternoon, tried the 2 engine mount brackets on the engine.

The mk2 golf one will fit, but I would have to sort a spacer and captive nut to secure it, no real hassle there, the 6k0 mount which was used on the 6 speed lines up all 3 points.
    The difference between the two really comes down to the position they would cause the engine to sit at, the photos are of the brackets and the distance measured from floor, about an inch difference. The mk2 would mount it lower, and away from the master cylinder more.
    Which is recommended for the 1.8t in mk2, original modified mk2, or the mk3 based one?
    Sorry to ask so many questions,
    Cheers Dave

Attached Files:

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

neither of those are correct, you need a G60/passat/corrado 4 cylinder one 357199273.

mk2 golf one is too long and one of the bolts doesnt line up, the mk3 one bolts up but pushes engine up and back.

on that note, you should be using a g60/passat/corrado rear bracket also 535199354, 357199354, 357199354H or 535199354C, as these are 10mm longer than the MK2 020 type. Though you can just fit 4x 10mm spacers between block and bracket to make up the difference

4. dodgy

Thank you Jon, I'll look for front bracket.
    Rear bracket is a boost fabrication G60 one, the gearbox mount is also one of theirs too, along with the hydro clutch and mk4 accelerator mount.
    Any suggestions for where to get front mount?

5. rubjonny

ok should be all good round the back then. front pop that code into ebay and ebay.de will be a few. isnt usually cheap but sometimes you get lucky

6. dodgy

Had quick look on ebay, 2 different style mounting come up with that part number, one looks similar to mk2 one I already have, when zoom in on pictures, the code is 157199273, not starting with a 3, says kr and vr6 in the description? Getting confused

7. rubjonny

8. dodgy

Saw first one, not the second, jeez, that's more than the gearbox cost!!
    Thanks again.
    Probably easier to find than corrado bits I expect.
    Shame nobody remanufactures the mount, sure would be a good idea.

9. dodgy

Bullet bitten.
    Just ordered mount.