Oettinger corrado, should i buy it?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by sambo, Jun 12, 2004.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

As some of you know last sunday i wrotte off my corrado, looking for replacement and today i'v had a look at G reg valver, oettinger extras from feactory: grill, 15" deep dish wheels(a bit scabby neeed refurb), wooden rim steering wheel, wooden gear knob, all genuine oettinger, and a sticker underside of bonnet bout engine beign also oettinger,Mettalic silver, very good bodywork, full vw stamped service history, only needs a good clean, maybe some attention to sussp. and rear brakes. Price 1850. Any1 knows if this is reasonable? Are oettinger rrado-s rare? Help please, any input welcome

2. nuttinnew Forum Member

Sounds good to me, got my interest for sure :p

3. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Does any1 actually know how much price premium these rrado-s would have when new?

4. JCS16V Forum Member

Price sounds very reasonable - oettinger corrado's are VERY rare! By the sounds of this car I would buy it.

Price new depends what spec the engine is. In the Jan 2003 copy of The Golf mag there is an Oettinger Corrado 16v with a 2000E (2 litre) engine conversion. The cost of the engine conversion alone in 1990 was 5,462!

5. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Just went through all my mags and guess what!!!? No jan issue golf mag to be found! arghhhhhh... Is anyone kind enough to scan this article.....PLEASE

6. OSV

OSV Forum Member

If it is genuine sounds too good to miss, and with the Oettinger engine you will be able to sell your own engine.

7. Jetta Forum Junkie

that article had the oettenger 1991 parts pricelist which the car came with as it was an ex demo for a garage, I'll ses if I can dig it out
    Edited by: Jetta

8. JCS16V Forum Member

Was the supplying dealer Scott's in London? They were the official Oettinger agent in the late 80's/early 90's

9. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

dunno who supplyer was didnt pay attention but will try to get in touch with previous owner and ask him few qstns, i am in a bit of a dillema cos i can also get 1 of the first 16v golfs ever made before production started! Made by vw motorsport in sout africa back in 1985! It hasnt even got normal vin plate, instead it has no2 vw motorsport development stamp plate on the schasie and engine! proper fuc**ng rare! My braine is mushed!

10. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Get the both of them.

11. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Need the cash, anyone need the kidney?!

12. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Where are you finding these?

13. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I knew about the golf for nearly a year now, belongs to a vw motorsport mechanic who did my 9a conv for my rrado(now fu**t), he had the car after he left vw m.s., was given to him as a thanks! He never wanted to part with it but he got no time or space that the car deserves so he said(after he got to know me very well), u can have it but...... so many conditions, he much rather crush it than pass it over to some one else! As it goes for rrado, stumbled across it on autotrader website, near me as well. Lucky yes, confused more than so!