Offered a Mk2 Scirocco Storm

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by courtster, Sep 19, 2006.

1. courtster

courtster New Member

Hi there,

I've been offered a Mk2 Brown Scirocco Storm, 110k, excellent body and interior, a new TSR Donnington engine fitted 2k ago with new injectors. Uprated suspension with nylon bushes. New alloys (not Montreals) and tyres. New steel braided brake hoses, new master cylinder and caliper front n/s. New fuel pump. Full MOT.

He's had it for 4 years and seems in great condition. 1800

Do you think it's worth it? I was after a run-out Mk2 GTi. But this seems good value (ish).

[​IMG]

2. Unknown Forum Junkie

very nice!

3. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

Tis nice but seems like high bunce for a Rocco.

Dan

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Sounds like a good price for a good condition Storm with a new engine etc. But you said you wanted a Mk2 GTI, so make sure its the car you want if you go for it.

5. Unknown Forum Junkie

it does seem like a lot as you say, give him a hard time on price. They dont hold the moeny that the MK1 storms do. I've forgotten the numbers but they are rarer than the 16v scirocco, the A reg ones were rarer but I dont know if there were any differences in spec. If in totally original condition with things like stickers on the tailgate instead of the badges, Storm grille badge and Karmann B pillar trims etc. they can get decent money.
    I cut a very rough one up so if you need any saddle brown interior trim parts then let me know as they are dead hard to come by, not sure whats left in the garage now though.

6. gorilly Forum Member

does the dog come with it or is he extra?

7. Brunty

Brunty Forum Member

I'd agree with the above.

There were 300 Mk2 Storms in Cosmos metallic (Blue) and 300 in Havanna Brown.

I think that the mk2 storms are holding their price better now though as there are so few of them left. I can't imagine a very good condition one going down in price anyway.

Of course a car is only worth what someone will pay for it.

To keep it's value it will need to be original though, with the proper stickers and badges. You can pick up the montreal wheels off some other vw's so that's not so bad. I even have a set myself :)

You may want to check out this site - http://website.lineone.net/~dr.dub/

Brunty

8. courtster

courtster New Member

I think he's included as long as he stays tied to the back of the car....

As for getting a Mk2 Golf, I love them, it's the only dub i've never owned. But I loved my GTII 'rocco, when the Pierburg carb wasn't playing up (which was most of the time). I always liked the Storm, but hated the brown colour and prefered the Blue - Must be feeling my age but the brown isn't looking too bad now....

I have other photos and the badges are all intact, even the Karmann ones on the side, but they need re-furbing back to silver.

I saw a set of Montreals on ebay last night - I did a search for "golf 16v alloy" and there they were.. 20 no bids, yum!

I think 1500 in the guys hand should see it mine....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  9. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Is this in NI???

10. courtster

courtster New Member

It was over there, the guy still lives there but the car is in England luckily :)

11. Brunty

Brunty Forum Member

That's good, you could put it back onto it's original A or B plate....

Brunty

12. Jeff Forum Junkie

nice car but sciroccos arent worth anything in mk2 form usually. thats a whole lotta cash for any mk2 rocco.

13. courtster

courtster New Member

Thanx for the advice Jeff, but 1500 is pretty much zero money to me for a 22 year old classic car to keep in my garage to polish and take out when the sun is shining. It was a toss up between 3.5k on a Mk1 Campaign or same money on a run-out Mk2 - With this I get all the fun of the Mk1, still with a bit of limited edition rarity interest for a knockdown price. It's win-win [:D]

Actually Jeff, you've just made me answer my own question - seems like I do think it's good value so I had better arrange a viewing!

14. Throbbe Forum Member

You've been out of 'the family' too long Jeff. :lol:

Good Mk2's are starting to fetch over 1k now, even a few GTII's. I'd say that 1500-1800 is about right considering the engine and mileage, as long as it is in very good condition.

15. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

That looks sweet, bit different than the Mk2 you were after, but the rarity would sell it for me alone. I personally like the non-standard wheels that are on it, although it may be worth getting a set of Montreals for showtime etc. If you can get it for 1500, you`ve got a good deal:)