Oil consumption 2.0 t

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by MKSPUR, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MKSPUR New Member

HELP!!! had an 07 gti dsg since march & i absolutely f*****g love it. It has always burned a little oil but apparently its not uncommon.. However i have recently had a few mods including a full mv exhaust system , forge d v , k&n filter & motech remap & since then i have noticed a puff of blue smoke from the exhaust when i get back on the throttle after its been on overrun. Other than that car runs like a dream pulls REALLY well & no smoke under load

ANY IDEAS???

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Ideally you need to actually check how much oil it's using over 1000 miles.

as daft as it sounds the manual does state ' it can use upto X amount per 1000KM' - I've not looked up a 2L TFSI but the diesels are 1 Litre per 1000KM

with that bit out of the was, none of the mods seem to point towards any oil related.
    Only thing I can guess on is the when it's on overrun, theres a lot of negative depression within the cylinders which could help draw up oil in to the cylinders.
    more likely fix would be to fit a oil catch tank between the cam cover breather & the inlet pipe

3. MKSPUR New Member

Thanks CRispy, got it booked in next week & gonna do a consumption test. Also looking into a forge breather kit with catch tank ( how much!!!! ) .. Still if it's only that.it's a cheap fix.. Pictures on the forge website suggest that some of the 2.0t already have some sort of filter front left of the engine bay, will check mine later

Thanks again