Oil Cooler Options - 2E

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Funky Diver, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Funky Diver Forum Member

OK, so hte bog standard oil cooler (the one that pipes into the water cooling system) is cheap enough at 45ish for a brand new unit to bolt in place.

I'm investigating the seperate oil cooler route too... but some clarity is needed.

In terms of the standard engine cooling I'm sticking with standard Rad (on an 89 Rocco) and pipework plumbed into the standard 2E connections.

I'd also like to point out that whilst I agree I will possibly never really need an external cooler... the trick factor is involved too (they do look cool, lol)

If going down the mocal style route, I take it the square doofer needs to be removed and the adapter plate fitted? Anyone got a fitment guide? (I've tried searching avec la Google, but tbf I am cack at googling stuff, lol)

Are there other options?

In a nut shell... as it's staring you in the face with the bonnet up, I'd like it to look pretty as well as be mildly functional [:D]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010