Oil coolers Corrado G60 advice please

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by jimmyg, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jimmyg New Member

Hi,

I am thinking of putting a larger oil cooler onto my G60 and was wondering if its worth it. I have seen that Jabbasport sell a complete kit.

Anyone used this kit if so is it any good and how easy is it to fit?

2. jimmyg New Member

Not sure the on board computer has shown temps of 120 when doing 70-80. so i was wondering about whether it is worth fitting a bigger oil cooler.

3. PaudieG60 Forum Member

I fitted one to my last 3 g60's! Took my temps down from 110/120 to 90/100 on hard driving.

Fella on ebay sells mocal kits for 8v/16v/g60 and at a good price when i bought my last one.

Get one with a thermostatic sandwich plate to pervent over cooling.

Think the standard kit comes with a 12/13 row cooler,no need to go any bigger on a road car

4. jimmyg New Member

Thanks for that. Do you know how easy or difficult they are to fit. I.e. something anyone can do or is it best to get a garage to do?

5. PaudieG60 Forum Member

There not hard to fit,just take abit of time. Once you figure out where you want to mount it just bend/cut the bracket to shape and bolt it up.
    You should also put oil on all the threades parts before tightening everything up to prevent a leak

I fitted all mine myself,currently stripping back the 16v at the moment so can take a few pics for yea!?

You fitting to a corrado or golf?

Some usefull info and pics in link below:

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212476

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012