Only rubbing on front offside arch when turning?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Misterbiscuits, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Misterbiscuits New Member

Hi all, I have a 1988 GTi 8v with arches fitted. It also has a KW lowering kit comprising KW shocks and 40mm lowering springs. It had 195/45/15's on which ran fine but I really didn't enjoy the ride so have swapped them out for 195/50/15's which are absolutely perfect apart from ONLY the front offside wheel rubs when turning. Nearside and both rears are absolutely fine.

I thought it may be because I was sat on the offside but the wheel gap is still really tight (10mm) even with no one in the car where as the nearside is fine (20-25mm)

Its never had any damage and I can't see any issue with the spring or shock, is there anything that would cause just the front offside to sit lower? Is there anything I can do to lift it 10mm or do I need to pick up some 30mm drop springs?

This is the kit I have fitted https://www.heritagepartscentre.com...ings-and-shock-absorbers-lowers-40mm-oem.html

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Dodgy top mount?