Oops, I'm not one of you, again, yesterday

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dubya, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bula_82 Forum Junkie

[8D] Pics Rich! :lol: ;)

2. chris9n

chris9n Forum Member

3. essexlad Forum Member

Hmm, interesting reading! Whatever happened to the Dub peace and love scene!! Well i don't have many posts i admit but i have been driving Mk1/2 Golfs for over 10 years now on and off and am a keen enthusiast of the scene , i like to keep out of these little tiffs, as i suspect do most others on here. I've had Rovers, Dubs, Vauxhalls you name it (currently 3 dubs!) and they all have good and bad points, what i do love though is the strength of character that surrounds the dub scene as its decent when you get a nod or wave off a fellow dubber. Long and short of it :- Lets keep it that way! Cheers.

4. thegolfman Forum Member

Exactly!!!!

5. vinnygolfgti Forum Member

Oh dear just stumbled upon this thread.

Cant believe VW peeps abusing rovers as bad as ive read [:x]

As an avid Rover and VW owner over last 10 years here are my views.

Im 27, so not a grandad

I currently own a 1994 Rover Coupe, nightfire red, full leather interior , graet looking car, nice drive, owned for nearly 2 years. Bear in mind the Rover coupe turbo was launched in 92, with 200bhp, 0-60 sub 6 seconds and 155 mph [:D]

Also owned 5 Rover Metro GTi's over the years. These are rockets and surprise much "better" cars

Also owned a Rover 827 SLi . 2.7 V6, nuff said
    Rover 820 Turbo

BUT

i also currently own a 1990 Golf GTi 8v, and previously , 89 16v mk2 gti golf, very nice.

So i really have nothing over both cars. I do prefer the coupe over the golf, but thats my opinion, also comparing 90s rovers to 90s golfs, you do get more from the rover.

As for the mg zr, zs etc? Very nice, reworked the 200 under limited budget because BMW screwed rover / mg and basically left them with nothing, and then rovers eventual demise due to bad press ( Comments here prove this) :o , bad management etc

but they made very nice cars

here are my favourates

[​IMG]
    Not bad for a 12 yr old design, and showstring budget

[​IMG]

http://www.guernsey.net/~nickyc/Car05.jpg

metro gti

[​IMG]

6. Joe16v Forum Member

I thought it was good when i had one. In hindsight it wasnt as good as i thought especially when understeering

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006