Original mk2 radio loom connections?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by mclannahan, May 19, 2011.

1. mclannahan

mclannahan Forum Member

I'm trying to rewire my radio - it's been put in by Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles. Lives are coming off the headlights, earth of the fog light, no switched live, speakers are wired out of phase, fade and balance! Wires are wrapped round others and shoved in the back of switches. It's quite some (****e) work.

I'd like to correct all the butchered connections and connect it up the way it should be!

Does anyone know where the original feeds come from?

I'm looking for a switched live, illumination, live, earth from their original feeds - any ideas please?

It's a MK2 1991 Golf GTi

Thanks all

Michael

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

fusebox faq ;)
    switched live is rarely fitted on the mk2, but if it is the wire comes direct from pin SU on the ignition switch. its actually a key-in-ignition live, so radio will come on when the key is inserted in the lock, even with ignition off :thumbup:

oh, and the earth runs direct to the earth spade connections above the fusebox

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. mclannahan

mclannahan Forum Member

I didn't know that about the key-in! Thanks Jonny! Fingers crossed I've been offered a radio loom so if so...happy days!

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

i used one out of a mk3 golf if that helps, took me hours to get it out down the scrappy without any cuts :lol: