Paint and leather treatments

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by lloydjw, Feb 20, 2010.

1. lloydjw New Member

I've just ordered my Mk6 and the dealer is all over me about paint and leather protection - wants me to buy about AUD1500 worth of a package. Is it all bull****? - I'm going to flog the car in about four years

2. SimonG Forum Member

Dealers will do anything to get more money out of you. It depends how meticulous you are. Personally I wouldn't bother unless you're going to get the car ****ted up all the while, inside and out.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  3. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

Unless you can get a worth while warranty out of it which guarentees no damage to paint or leather then I wouldn't bother. If it's brand new chances are your gonna be taking good care of it anyways. Paint wise it's probably only a hard wax that's used and you could do that yourself.

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

it will be a good polish, and scotch guard type sealer for the leather

TBH not really worth if for the same money you could get it detailed, clay bared and couple layers of different wax/polished couple of times and polished professionally in the planned 4 years of ownership!

5. lloydjw New Member

Thanks all