Parts Washer Fluid

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've got a large Clarke parts washer on extended loan. Having replaced the pump, I need to fill it full of clean fluid so it doesn't run dry.

What do folks use in their parts washers. Are there any good sources for buying the right sort of degreasing agent as an industrial chemical, without paying the normal 'automotive markup'?

I reckon I need about 20L of fluid - I guess Jizer or similar is the right sort of stuff, but I'm not 100% sure. There are warnings on the unit about not using petrol or paraffin based fluids - fire risk and all that.

Any ideas or handy hints?

2. TJ2727 Forum Member

The best stuff I have ever seen for cleaning up parts is, Traffic Film Remover. Buy it from Machine Mart. They do a concentrated one and a ready to use one. Don’t bother with the ready to use. Get the Concentrated one and watch in wonder. Really all you need is this and a normal paint brush, to “work it in” and a bucket of water to wash the part off in after.

3. sum1

sum1 Forum Member

Our works parts washer uses some sort of paraffin based solution. A company called safety clean come round every 6 months and take the old fluid away and replace with fresh.