Passat diesel ?

Discussion in 'Passat' started by Claypole, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Claypole Forum Junkie

As we've now moved premises at work my trip this morning was over 50miles one way.

What's the mpg on a Passat diesel?

Autotrader

Don't think that link will work:

2001 Y Reg VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT 1.9 SE TDI 130,5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 119,000 miles, Finished In Silver Blue Metalic, 2 Registered Keepers, Climate Control, Alloy Wheels, Remote Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, ABS, Power Steering, Drivers Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Alarm, Immobiliser, Cd System, One Company Owned.

This sort of thing. I assume the high miles isn't as much of an issue with it being diesel and a nearly new car etc.
    Estate so I can goto the tip and builders merchant etc to get my house liveable asap as that would cut about 25 miles off the trip.

I've had a quote on this for 347.00 fully comp too.

Think I'll have to have a car clearance sale to buy one then see how I get on with the job. [:^(]
    Edited by: Claypole

2. I V - mk1 16v Forum Member

Used to get about 46-48mpg out of my one which is about 600miles to a 50 tank, that half motorway half driving around london but always thrashed as i hated it. :lol:

It's a pretty good car, very comfy to drive but just a bit soft and wallowly after a similar mundano. :)

3. johng New Member

The Pd diesels are at their best on motorways. You should get low 50s with it sitting at 70. The economy noticeably starts to drop when you push on to 80 and above. Around town they are average.