passat tdi question.

Discussion in 'Passat' started by I V - mk1 16v, Aug 31, 2005.

1. I V - mk1 16v Forum Member

just got my new company motor, it's a 51 reg passat tdi, am i right in thinking that if the D and i on the rear badge are in red then it's a 130bhp model???? [:s]
    Cheers Ian.

2. NormanCoal Forum Member

They dont do a 150PD engine in the passat, so yes, a 130bhp model it is

3. Seraph Banned

ive had this conversation many times. and would conclude with a similar answer every time......the badges dont have that much too do with the car/power!
    Theyre generally put on by the dealers ad lib!

4. I V - mk1 16v Forum Member

Cheers fellas,
    doesn't really matter, just interested to know.

Anyway just driven it home and i still hate diesels [xx(] They just don't rev, and then the torque is over in a matter of seconds, and it won't pull third gear from a crawl in traffic, and it's rolly and soft. [:v:]

All of this compared to my 2L petrol mondeo that i gave back this morning, Yes the VW is better built and has a better interior and cool blue dash lights [8D] but the mondeo drove much better, the steering and gearchange was heaps better, the suspension felt a lot tighter with better body control without loosing any comfort, and thats before i even thinking about it being a diesel.
    I do prefer walking back to a passat rather than a mundano thou' ;) Just glad i've only got it for a couple of months, then hopefully roll on a GTI! [:D]

OR maybe a freelander van [:[] , does anybody know if they still class as a van as far as company car tax goes, cos i'd be tempted to get one just not to have to pay anywhere near as much tax. I know they have recently changed the law on double cab pickups to make them classified as a car not a commercial vehicle to stop peeps getting those as company motors then only paying tax on a van.:(

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Passats are a soft wallowy POS to drive compared to a Mondeo, agreed. :lol: