PD150 Intercooler Pipe

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Cazzzooom, May 30, 2016.

1. Cazzzooom Forum Member

Hi I have a Golf mk4 1.9 PD150
    Few years ago I fitted an Allard replacement Intercooler pipe work kit. I put the 'power pipe' on the inlet manifold in place of the EGR assembly and all the pipework fitted great. I didn't realise the EGR assembly also contained a 'soft stop' for when you turn the engine off and when I realised I didn't have this anymore I switched the 'power pipe' back to the EGR assembly with blanking plates. Unfortunately this meant that the original black elbow Intercooler pipe had to be re attached and so the longer aluminium pipe running past the power steering reservoir no longer fit properly anymore. This is how it's been since and it's got a bad rattle which I've tried to stop by putting rubber between the pipe and the power steering reservoir but it's putting a lot of strain on the pipe and reservoir so I'd like to remedy it once and for all.
    Anywho...
    The point of that story is to say that I think I need a custom made silicone Intercooler elbow joint pipe from the EGR to the long aluminium pipe. I live in South Wales near Cardiff. Does anyone know of a good place that could do this?

Thanks for your patience.

Jon