Peterbest insurance - modded cars?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by M7R, Mar 16, 2012.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I have seen a few posts on here prising peterbest, but does anyone know if they like modded cars? as I am thinking of them for the mk2, but mod list is pretty long if you take into account all the little things.

also on their classic policies do you still build no claims?

(I have emailed them for a quote so just waiting to see what they come back with.., if i dont hear anything I will give them a bell)

Karl

2. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Given them a call this eve and spoke to a very nice young lady called Grace, very helpful! just wating for them to get back to me now as with my list of mods on the mk2 its not a straight forward quote. fingers crossed they are as good for me as they have been for other people! (Adrian Flux's quote was a bit silly but not as silly as HIC's! so it would be nice to have a proper quote from some one who can do agreed values)

3. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

I use Peter best! Untouchable quote for my car although mine is on a classic policy ;0)

Not eligable for no claims and need to have a main car insured from memory.

4. Blue Storm New Member

Peter Best quoted me 264 all mods declared, 100 excess free uk and european brake down cover and 0 excess windscreen cover. 5000 miles a year.
    Mk1 Scirocco, 2.0ABF, Dave Crissel head, Jenvey 45's, Emerald K6 ECU, coilovers, brakes and alloys. Adrian Flux dropped to 240 having started at 405 and bridle was 299.

5. Willber Forum Member

Have you tried Graham Sykes?

I just had a quote from them which was pretty good for my ABF MK2. Not had renewal from AF yet but it is less than what I am paying now.

6. barny Forum Member

Footman james just quoted me 360. Classic car all mods declared 6000 miles. Will check about no claims