Plans for Agu running ME7.5 from app seat leon For mk2 golf Ce1

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by marzyvw, Jun 10, 2015.

1. marzyvw New Member

Hi Guys
    The plan is as follows would like to run an agu engine on a seat leon app ecu and sensors and loom as it is dbw and me7.5. I have also read that app is also not vvt but will have to confirm this.
    At the moment i have abf mk2 conversion that i done and has been my daily driver for the last 3 half years since i done conversion. I want more power want not just keep up with r32s and scub a poos but maybe pass them lol. So to start with would like abot 210ish bhp on k03s and standard internals. Then once there are funds for bigger turbo and lsd maybe about 250bhp
    I have also a donor x plate agu gti with about 140000 on the clock whole car. 2x seat leon app ecus one i think has been remapped the other i think is standard, 1 x app seat ecu engine loom both halves, no sensors. 180bhp fuel rail and injectors.
    I will need to get dbw throttle pedal and body and K03s. Rocker cover to fit 4 wire coil packs.
    The plan is to try keep it simple and low cost. I am able to do the wiring and everthing myself, and been looking into the immo defeat and loading mapps to ecus. I am following threads like (My First attempts at reading my ECU and maybe.. Remapping it myself). Have basic understanding of how it works but still a lot of reading to do.
    Planing on using agu engine and freshen it up with new gaskets and seals,oil pump, timing chain and tensioner (Topran stuff), timing belt water pump ect. Head cleaned and tested from Agra engineering before re assembly. About 350 I have budgeted here if all goes well.
    Then for K03s about 200 in Budget
    Cables for mapping and immo delete about 60.
    Trying to keep the budget to about 600 700 for conversion.

Also had mad idea of in the future turboing an abf using me7,5 management:thumbup::thumbup: if possible
    will try and keep u update of my progress

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

60 quid to map and de immo yourself? Proper calibration and editing equipment you are looking at spending 5000 for a start + experience. Cheaper to get it remapped by a pro.
    My estimate would be 1000-1500 quid for your conversion.

In addition to reliable turbo hardware, if the control components from an E-Gas engine are transferred it is possible, although your lack of tools would probably make it cheaper to fit a standalone.
    When you really think about it, that is what many are inadvertently doing when they fit OE ECUs to older cars. Switch off most of the diagnostics and monitoring, throw away the emissions and exhaust aftertreatment components to leave a basic fuel and spark engine controller!
    I know a very experienced chap who fitted an E-Gas ECU to a BMW engine. He did not achieve that feat with an ebay cable though.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  3. m1keh Forum Member

The nefmoto http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/ has all the info and tools for flashing and immo off on me7.5. With the nefmoto flasher and datalogger you are pretty much sorted. However editing the maps still needs a tool... Tunerpro isn't very user friendly...

4. marzyvw New Member

Just update have decided after a bit more research that running abf turbo on me 7.5 is a lot of work. But i still plan on running an agu on me7.5 from seat leon. Yes the http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/ has been very good reading. so has this http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
    I have started stripping back the seat loom going to remove secondary air pump and charcoal canister going to leave both lambda probe wires. I will probably only end up using bank one lambda.
    Was planning on paying someone for my first map but would like to be able to load it to ecu myself. As i already have galletto 1260 and a delphi ds150e and also vag com kkl line cable. Delphi software has a great logging capabilities. Also the delphi cable is found by NefMoto VW software when plugged in. Not sure of the delphi cables writing capabilities though. Then with my spare ecu I could start to learn the art of mapping for myself. Was thinking of making a ecu bench cable.
    Regarding the immobiliser defeat the only thing that is stopping me is that i can't get my old serial port eeprom writer to work with serial to usb converter. So planning on investing in new one at the end of the month.
    One thing that I am still not sure about as is for the vehicle speed sensor for ecu. I know that on my abf conversion on digi 3.1 that it was just left out or wired to stereo plug if i remember correctly. As I plan to run 020a that is already in the car. The speedo drive is just bottom half of my old electronic speed sensor and 1.3 speedo cable bolted to the top. I want to keep mk2 clocks using tacho adaptor for rev counter. I was thinking of a frankenstein speed sensor keeping all the electronic parts on bottom and fitting the old speedo cable into the top of it. I ran my 8v 020 speedo cable into the top of the electronic speedo sensor, this was done by drilling a small hole into the top of the sensor and pushing in the square part of the speedo cable into it. There was a little more too it but you get my drift. The cable ran like this for over a year, the only reason it snapped was of the excess cable loop as 020a speed sensor hole is closer to bulkhead and it was original. The only thing is i don't know if the electronic part was still working when i did this. Still have it will try it out at some point. I will just use the 1,3 cable jammed into the top of it then put car on on 2 poster and start car and put in 5th. Then check the pins with multi meter to see if still gettin signal.

Any thoughts ?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the VSS output from the MK2 GTI clocks is compatible with mk3 and mk4 ecu so that side of it is sorted, on the CE1 fusebox it comes straight off the clock plug and on CE2 you tap into W/1. For both this wire is usually wired to the stereo as you say but its not used on most stereo so you can drag it out if you want.

with the mk3 020 boxes all you need to do for the mk2 clocks is fit a stock mk2 1.6-1.8 cable after taking out the old electronic sender :thumbup:

for 02a/j box what you do is run a mk2 1.3 cable, fits straight on no messing after you unscrew the 3 pin plug housing off the back of the sender.

6. marzyvw New Member

Thanks I am already running the 1.3 cable combination for speedo drive. That clears things up about vss for ecu.
    As for the immobiliser off I have found a few threads on http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/ regarding not needing to to remove the eprom for ecu and flashing the eprom though obd2 cable. Next i am away to try and rig up a bench wire for flashing. Will keep upto date how things go.