Please help?? vr6 engine probs

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by ccvr6, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ccvr6 New Member

My 1992 vr6 was running fine not a single fault, :) but the other day the car just seemed to cut out whilst driving and then come back on again in a split second (kangaroo-ing). [:s]
    Since then the car has not run properly at low rpm in any gear and any speed(like a missing feeling but not as severe). The fault is intermittent but is happening more and more. [:^(]
    I've changed the plugs, leads, dizzy cap and put some fuel injection cleaner down her throat.
    Any suggestions or advice (before I have to cough up 40 per hour at a garage)???
    Cheers
    Craig

2. Unknown Forum Junkie

crank postion sensor (I think) gives funny results on VR6s, have a search of the forum and see if the FAQ mentions it.

3. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Similar to my problem with the VR ,turned out to be throttle body.
    Best to get it checked though with VAG-COM to be sure.

4. volkswag0nvr6 Forum Member

check the main earth in the engine bay..it might be loose.i have had this prob before and that was what was wrong with mine..

5. vdubrob New Member

happened on my vr. it turns out the crank sensor needs replacing!!! got it diagnosed at local vw garage.

6. ccvr6 New Member

Thanks all for your replies. Just now been able to read them even though its a week late, but i will investigate all the problems suggested tommorow and again thanks for taking the time to look at my query.

7. AndrewF Forum Addict

most likely cracked or not pushed on properly plug leads/coilpack (unlikely tho)/dirty ISV and TB.