Polo 9n 1.9tdi Problems..

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Willowraf, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Willowraf Forum Member

hi guys.. Right i'm after some quick solution as i'm going to Afghan in a couple of days and the wife requires her car to be working right...!! The Fault codes i have are..
    VCDS Version: Release 10.6.3
    Data version: ########

Monday,27,June,2011,20:00:29:36838

Chassis Type: 9N - VW Polo
    Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 17 19 25 37 44 45 46 56 76

VIN: ################# Mileage: 140140km/87078miles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 6Q0-820-045.lbl
    Part No: 6Q0 820 045
    Component: Klimaanlage X0850
    VCID: EAD05E2CBCF9

1 Fault Found:
    00898 - Control Circuit A/C compressor
    30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 6Qx-937-049-C.lbl
    Part No: 6Q1 937 049 C
    Component: 00 BN-SG. 1S33
    Coding: 09390
    Shop #: WSC 00788
    VCID: 3B7E2B6803E3

1 Fault Found:
    01598 - Drive Battery Voltage
    07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

End ---------------------------------------------------------------------

As from the codes you would of guessed that the Air-Con isn't working... ?? Is this pointing to the Compressor itself..i.e the clutch as failed?? if so where is the best place to get a cheap one from?? Also the other fault? any ideas??

Regards to all CGTI Users

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Ok whats it's seeing , and I'm guessing the Air con isn't working
    between the climatronic unit, wire leaving the control unit & returning back via the compressor is likely a open circult

best bet is to get to the connector to the unit, and check it's got some resistance, not shorting to the earth of the engine

woth checking it's getting a pulse of battery voltage when air con is on, if it's same compressor as the mk4 you should see and hear it enagine the clutch unit
    the clutch bit was availble seprate a while ago

3. Willowraf Forum Member

Ok when the aircon is on i'm getting 4-7vdc and 28.1~ which is good.. But not so good is that i'm getting 15 ohms on the earth of the same connector which would give a Open circuit refference.. Anybody got the wiring diagrams for this circuit so i can break it down to find the high resistance... i Could just splice in a new earth but then i would lose the earth return signal which would also give a fault code but may get it working... Any Ideas....??? Or is this 15ohms right??

4. Willowraf Forum Member

Right replaced the pump it now works fine.... Also i've had a look at the problem pump and found this!!
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the rubber has worn away which means that the pump could not spin up!!! Can this part be replaced seperatly? If so how much where from... Or could i build it up with rubber compound!?! Any ideas??