Polo gt

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by eamon1.3, Jan 23, 2008.

1. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Been thinking of changing the car, well one of them anyway, when i noticed a decent looking polo gt not too far away. 92', 120k and up for ?595ono. Seems to be a decent car but dont know too much about them. Anyone on here have any experience with them? From what i hear they can shift ok but how do they handle and stop?

2. yeha Forum Member

Plenty of owners and info at Clubpolo.

3. Ezy D

Ezy D Forum Member

I used to have one, yes they can shift a bit, but as for stopping ... just put new discs & decent pads on the front to make sure ! Handling is quite good ... but I did have mine dropped 40mm. It might be useful to check the bushes and see what needs replacing, that'll definitely improve handling especially with 120k on the clock ! Also ball-joints, tie-rod ends and bump stops etc. might need doing. I sold mine for 140 [:^(] to make way for the VR ...... no space to keep it and tart it up ! It had 117k on the clock. The bodywork was getting bad though [:s] The engine was in great nick !

Have a good look at the car ... especially underneath and see what has / hasn't been changed and then I'm sure you could knock a few 's off ! :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  4. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Get it there cool.

5. Admin Guest

cracking little cars!

6. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Cool little cars, good price as well.

7. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

cool cars - a mk2 coupe s is cooler thou!

Cheers

Dan

8. kerrly Forum Member

a Coupe S with a tuned GT engine is even cooler...

dam good cars the GTs - 75hp and a close ratio gearbox as standard. few tweeks and you can see closer to 90hp :)

9. kernow-valver Forum Member

i was hangin out to find one of these but then some how ended up with a mk2 valver but im happy with it

anyway id go for it have a look at www.clubpolo.co.uk those guys seem pretty clued up about there polos

10. Dubmuffin Forum Member

Agreed... :lol: my MK3 Polo was a bit scary on the braking front, too much speed for the brakes to cope sometimes... lots of fun though, i'd definitely reccomend one.
    Look out for rust as always, mine had slight problems with the door sills... mind you, there'll probably be more rust on my MK3 than there will be on the Polo [:^(]