poor customer service from style dynamix

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by c3vrg, May 9, 2005.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

What meguiars product are you using on the wheels? Not an acidic based wheel cleaner i hope. If so, they will just eat into the polished bare metal alloy surface instantly.

You should use soapy water only, then a quality metal polish like Solvol Autosol, Peek or Brasso.

2. c3vrg New Member

They are not bare metal but painted,and the meguirs i was using was a wax.Not the actual wheel cleaner

3. G60. Forum Member

any progress on this?

4. c3vrg New Member

Hi nothing as yet they have promised to conatact me loads of times but dont. Soi contacted trading standards who advised me to write a letter giving them 7 days to respond ,after that I can take it furhter ,I will post when i get some news Good hopefully.

5. Rahul Forum Junkie

Why don't you actually post a picture of your wheels so that we can see the condition of them or the corrosion.

Lets make it objective as there are always two sides to every story....

:)

6. c3vrg New Member

I dont know how to .

I have them on my pc but not on a website.

I still think its terrible that i have had no contact from style dynamix whatesover.

7. thebluebus Forum Junkie

8. jjarvis Forum Junkie

9. c3vrg New Member

thanks jarvis have just mailed to you.as you can see what looks like kerbing all around the edge is infact corrosion as seen in the close up pic

10. jjarvis Forum Junkie

11. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

spidering under the laquer? [8(]

12. c3vrg New Member

looks like it ,but now what ?

13. law26 New Member

im a law graduate, ok here is the truth about your contract. Styledynamix trade as distributors they do not manufacture so yes you claim can be through them but at their discretion. Your warranty is infact with the manufacturer and styledynamix can make a claim only through your ability to prove that its not abuse or general wear/tear but infact a defect in the product. You are obviously keen to take this from a legal angle ....dont bother its not worth it...court fees will cost you more than a set of Keskin alloys.

You should strive to show them evidence that there was a defect otherwise as a distributor they do not have to beleive anything you say without the evidence, sorry to sound so black and white but these are the hard facts.

It would be easier for you not to have an angry approach just talk to them im sure they will help you out, I have herd many good things about them.

14. sixpot Forum Member

Not the first time I've seen keskins corroded within a short space of time. [:s]

15. c3vrg New Member

Ok the main reason im angry was because they havent done anything about it.

Style dyanamix arn't just distributers but retailers.They sold the product to me ,i paid them the money (no one else was involved )and according to trading standards by selling to me the contract is between myself and them .Not me and keskin.

The same way as style dyanmix buy the wheels they have a contract with there distributer,which has nothing to do with me.

eg.

If i went toB&Q and bought a faulty drill(within 12 months)I would return it to them for a refund or replacement .I would have to deal with anyone else.

B&Q would then return the drill them selves to claim there own money back.Without worrying me about it.

I wasnt thinking about court just yet as it seems that trading standards think im 100 % within my rights.

since contacting them when they originally said i needed to pay at my expense to have them returned i (unwillingly)agread ,that was the last time i heard from them.

Now i have these faulty wheels ,ihave rung emailed and written To this company without reply.

What am i expected to do .
    Edited by: c3vrg

16. law26 New Member

Hi firstly you cannot compare a retailer like B&Q who are public ltd to a company like Style dynamix who are private ltd, they will work differently, Every product comes with a manufacturers warranty or guarantee, the retailer or distributor involved always holds the right to offer a solution other than a refund after 30 days (thats your cooling off period). I really do understand I have also had problems in the past but really you should arrange to meet one of the guys, im sure after all this forum activity they will help you out???

17. c3vrg New Member

A bit far im from the lower end of cornawll you see.

Im still waiting to hear from them after my letter that i sent etc.

To see if they will actually do any thing,as at the moment they wont respond.

18. richgit Forum Junkie

19. badgerb New Member

they are probably still trying to find out where cornawll is!!:lol:

Seriously at the end of the dayanyproduct bought in the u.k by lawhas a minimum warranty of 12 months.if this product is found to be faulty within that 12 month period you are entitled to either a replacement or to have the product repaired,without incurring any personal costs.it's that simple!

you need to see these guys face to face and get it sorted.get of the computer, get in the car and make the trip!!

remember no company enjoys bad publicity,if it was my firm i'd sort you out straight away.there is nothing worse than a dissatisfied customer! they tell everybody-just like your doing.:)

good luck.

20. c3vrg New Member

well at the moment im in discussions with trading standards about this ,so will keep everyone informed

but just to let evryone know style dynamix have refused to contact me .I hope know one else has warranty problems with this company.