Power Flow VS Miltek

Discussion in 'Engines' started by M1ST, Oct 26, 2003.

1. M1ST Forum Member

Hi All,

Looking into an exhaust for my MK3 2.0 8V. I've narrowed down my choices to either PowerFlow or Miltek. I want to go for performance over sound or looks.

Anyone have any experience on this?

M1ST

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

well, i am unsure about milltek but i asume they come off the shelf.

powerflow on the other hand make custom exhausts with custom sound and custom tailpipes.
    in my opinion, it all depends on the welder you get to do your specific exhaust. Go to topgear in st.albans.they are sound.
    As long as you dont get stevie wonders brother to weld, you will be ok.
    Joking aside, i would stick around while they are doing the job as well.plus, they come with a lifetime warranty or as long as you own the car.
    good choice!

3. S1MMA Forum Member

try longlife. better materials than powerflow, fully 304 grade stainless. Powerflow use mild steel in their systems.

4. edc1 Forum Member

Milltek - proper R&D

Powerflow - no R&D apart from materials used. I mean how can you test flow rates and dyno gains for an infinite number of exhaust choices?

5. spacka_horror Forum Member

Hi M1st, I also own a mk3 8v, I went to Powerflow in Burnley (Topgear 2) and I'm impressed with the result. They asked at the time about how I wanted it to sound etc and I asked them to make sure it wasn't loud. It's nice and quiet but still deep. The only time you really hear it is when you really put your foot down...

6. M1ST Forum Member

Hmm, I guess, Powerflow is more for Sound, Looks and more research has gone into Miltek, it doesnt seem like you can get much customisation with the Miltek. Decisions, Decisions!

M1ST

7. MarcS New Member

has anyone tried eurosport?? Im curious about those.

8. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Supersprint is the only make you need. :)

9. Gambit

Gambit Paid Member Paid Member

10. ColinT Forum Member

Hi

I've a Milltek sport on my VR6.

Very little noise difference over standard. 12BHP increase at top end and major torque increase (70-80%) at 200rpm ish (rolling roaded before and after fitting).

I'd buy another one.

11. VW-Al New Member

Hello,

I've got a Milltek on my Mk3 16v. It's a little bit noisier than the standard one, especially at 2000 rpm and 4000 rpm where it booms slightly.

It seems to have made it a little bit quicker but that might just be the extra noise making it feel that way .... :).

It fits very well and only rubs slightly on the beam with 5 people in ( car is lowered 50mm ish ) but I think that's down to an old rubber mount more than anything.

It was just a bit scary taking a hacksaw to a brand new 300 exhaust to get it to fit :o ( The Mk3 16v has 3 different CAT lengths apparently so I had to cut the link pipe, don't know about the 8v though ... ? )

Cheers,

Al.

12. Admin Guest

well having had both on a mk1 i would plump for a miltek system again-if i had the money :o