Power steering belt

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by antinkariba, Jan 16, 2010.

1. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

My powersteeing belt squeaks loads at the moment. I am going to replace it, but am not sure which one it is?

Its on a ABF Corrado.

2. IanH Forum Member

By the squeeling noise, and looking at your build thread you are still using the v belt for the power steering. Conveniently I have a cut one sat on the desk next to me! :thumbup:

Whilst I don't know the part number, the size I was using was 10x730. Using that you should be able to get the right size belt from GSF as there were a few sizes when I was getting my replacement. (I Chooe the wrong one, so now have no PAS!! [:$] )

Ian...

3. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I bought one recently from vag for my 8v mk2 part number is 026 145 271. pretty sure its the same on your corrado.

4. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Thanks,

will have a look at it all!

5. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I always find these very tight to fit. this time round I pushed the pas pump as far up as possible. Put belt around water pump and pas pulley. then half on the crank pulley and then turned the crank with a 19mm socket (bit like a bike chain) worked a treat

6. Supercharged Forum Member

Does it have an extra small belt like the KR/9A? - If it's an ABF engine fitted then I would buy the belt to match the engine as it might be a single wide (6PK) one...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010