Power Window Setup on a 20vt Mk2 with a spliced loom?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by mrshona, Nov 17, 2017.

1. mrshona New Member

I'm in the process of doing a 1.8t conversion from a MK4 GTi. I would like power windows, but after reading up on some threads people have had issues with getting it to work on a MK4 loom. I'm sending my looms to get spliced together to run the MK4 engine & ECU on the mk2 loom, what's the easiest way to get the power windows to work on this setup? Standard Mk2 power window motors? Mk4 power window motors? I'm really quite stuck here.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the easiest way would be stock mk2 windows and loom, plug and play if the loom is not hacked up. the slightly more poncy way forward is mk2 motors and corrado 1 touch module, for a slightly more modern setup:
    http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?98311

for the mk4 system you need to figure out how to mount the MK4 window motors to mk2 regulators, or modify the doors to accept mk4 golf regulators. you will need to split out the complete CCM module loom as well, then wire it into your car. If you do it well then you'll also have central locking, and if the CCM supports it alarm and interior monitoring as well. I have actually made a couple CE2 mk2 golf wiring looms with full CCM and climatronic wired in now, its not too bad but you need to have a good think about how to power everything up safely as there are a fair ferw feeds and not so many power points in the MK2 harness. I've got a set of mk4 moduels to mount on some spare regs at some point, it doesnt look too hard I've pulled the while motor mount off a mk4 regulator and I think all it needs is the cable entry points cutting down slightly as the mk2 cables are just a little too tight to fit a standard unit. then the motor will bolt on and its just a case of make a bracket to hold the motor in the door. I've just had no time to look into it any further than that

The only real advantage with the MK4 modules over the corrado module is you can code it up for total closure from the remote fob, plus you can operate all the windows at the same time. the corrado modules will only do 1 window at a time due to hardware limitations. The corrado module can still be wired up for total closure to an aftermarket alarm and/or door lock switches if you like