'Proper' Chip for Digi Engine

Discussion in 'Engines' started by drunkenalan, Apr 17, 2007.

1. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

Is there much to be had from a superchips type chip over the ebay type chips or are they the same thing? I already have an ebay type chip but was wondering if there would be any gains from a more reputable chip manufacturer?

If so any one have any thoughts on the better ones to buy

2. bennyboy Forum Member

i know AMD do a chip for the digi,

i would imagine that the ebay ones are pretty similar to more reputable company's chips as there can only be so much to be had from a pre programmed chip.

although, from what ive read on here, the ebay ones havnt given huge increases, it seems they just smooth out the power delivery and get rid of flat spots/ digi lag, where as i would imagine a more expensive chip from a more 'reputable' company would probably be more about performance which is why they are expensive in the first place

an 'off the shelf' chip is never going to get as good results as a custom remap of course.

im not sure if any of that makes sense? im tired!

3. Phil. Forum Junkie

How much are the AMD chips for digi's?

I had inteneded to bring along a spare ecu to the rollers on sat past but it didn't happen. I know the power of my car now but don't know if the chip has made any difference :(

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

more performance from a reputable company? id doubt that. id expect them to err more on the side of caution to make sure nothing goes wrong and their reputation stays intact

5. wcrado Forum Member

yeah how much are the amd ones?

surprised no-one has mentioned blitzchip in this thread yet, as i thought people had gotten good results with them.

i will be buying a chip within the next few weeks so i'd like to know which is best value for money in terms of results

6. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

amd or superchips dont list a chip for the mk2 anymore,

I have a blitz chip already and wasnt overly impressed as it seems breathless on warm days

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007