PS3 release put back!

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Valleys boy, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Valleys boy Forum Member

In case you haven't heard, the PS3 has been delayed until November! The blu-ray drive doesn't work or something. What a bummer! Sort it out Sony! [:x]

2. madmonkey Forum Addict

Still gonna get one though. [:$] :lol:

3. Valleys boy Forum Member

Oh yes! I'm gonna get a few - if they are anything like the 360, demand will outstrip supply, and I can sell em on e-bay for 100 more than I paid for em (especially as the release date is so close to Christmas)!!! :p

4. Flog Forum Member

Way down deep in the middle of the congo.
    I was thinking of that, but just my luck , they'd supply enough and i be stuck with a load of machines.

5. Golfmaddubgirl Forum Member

I know its a disgrace! How am I gonna cash in on making money out of u lot on ps3 if its delayed?! :lol:

6. Switch625 Forum Member

Wasn't there something when the PS2 first came out that you had to pre-order at the shop and that info would go to Sony and you could only order 1 per house? Or am I just talking *******s?

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Wow, and to think i was slated when i suggested that the UK would not get the PS3 till "sometime" in 2007! ;)

8. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

9. jsingh Forum Member

im pi**ed off as it is, the xbox games are soo expensive and you can only keep on playing them for a short while until you get veryy veryy boredd. PS3 better be good

10. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

Well its officially been announced.......

350 for the basic one (the cheaper version will have no HDMI, no WiFi, no flash memory reader. )

410 for the "Premium" (Expensive version has 1 HDMI, wifi and memory card reader)

There is now only 1 ethernet port and 4 USB ports pictures are below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparantly there is no feedback "rumble" in the controllers but their is a "tilt sensor"

A lot of what was shown at E3 was FMV again :clap: [:^(]

Time to get saving!

Link from Sony - http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/060509ae.pdf

Notice how it says the release date is for Japan (fingers crossed it says it because its from Sony Japan!!!)

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  11. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

410!?

Im sorry, I like gaming as much as the next person but that is pushing the boat out abit!

I think ill give that a miss for a while. Ive got a 7800GTX in my PC and can add another that would **** all over the PS3:)

Was really looking forward to getting one but i think for alot of people that is TOO much seeing as they will be 99 in a couple of years.

Theres not alot of new technology in there. Half of that was already made! They have just put it all together and made it work how they want to.

Not happy[8(]

12. GTILass Forum Member

blimey thats a fair few pennies

13. Valleys boy Forum Member

Yeah, but how much did you pay for the PC? More than 400 I bet!!!

I think it's a fair price tbh! It's packed with technology mate - I mean how much is a standard blu-ray player without the extras you get with a PS3 (HD, games machine, internet capability, usb ports etc.).

14. fthaimike Forum Addict

ehh?
    270 was quoted on the news!!!! & a release in japan in november then the usa & euro sometime inbetween then & xmas

15. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

The UK retailer, Game have stated that the UK price for the 20Gb Playstation 3 will be 330, so add another 100 for the full version and thats your price i would imagine for the full spec version [xx(]

http://www.pixelgamers.com/xbox360/news/1000565/42/ps3-pricing-confirmed---updated.html

16. scottgroovez Forum Member

I think I'll wait till the price drops "a lot" before getting a PS3. Nothing that was shown at the conference indicated to me it's umpteen times more powerful than the 360 and with Zelda being a launch title for the Wii, I'm 100% getting one of those on launch day.

17. Valleys boy Forum Member

Haven't you seen the motorstorm demo? It pi**ed all over anything the 360 has to offer so far! And that demo is at least 6 months old - no doubt it'll look even better when it's released!

I've also heard they're releasing the PS3 at the same time in America, Europe and Japan, and that it'll be region free!

18. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

There have been no demos for the ps3.......

All the "demo's" have been either scripted or "real time" rolling demos

And yes they are apparantly releasing it worldwide - Sony have said that they will have 4 million units for the whole world by christmas........

19. fthaimike Forum Addict

If the Nintendo controller is anything to go by i deffo want to try it 1st.

20. scottgroovez Forum Member

No I haven't, but I'm not interested in paying over 400 for a games machine. I already have a 360 which suits me just fine and the no doubt budget price Wii I shall also get. What will the PS3 offer that those two don't already? The 360's Live experience is already established and proven and Wii's motion sensor controller is properly developed rather than tacked on at the 11th hour.

PS3, jack of all trades, Master of none (except pretty graphics) :p