Quantum Alarm/Immobiliser

Discussion in 'Security' started by vidfletch, Jun 7, 2011.

1. vidfletch Forum Member

I have a problem with the Alarm/Immobiliser on the Passat. It's a Quantum one as fitted to many of the 90's VWs, VAG Part Number 998 VAG 038. I believe these are rebranded Scorpion alarms.

I had the battery out to do some work on the car and now when I reconnect the battery the alarm goes off after 50 secs because pressing the remote (only one button on it) does nothing. I have a key to switch it off, all this did is, when I switched on the ignition the alarm made a high pitched squeal. No lights on the dashboard and the car won't turnover let alone start. Any ideas???

2. vidfletch Forum Member

Fixed!!! Unbolted the alarm unit, switched it to off with the key and then refitted the unit. Still no lights on the dash but the ignition light was on and the car would still not turnover. I thought the battery was flat so stuck my booster/jumper on it and then it started?!?!?!? Battery was fine before but I think the bonnet switch had maybe left the interior light on and flattened it! My bonnet isn't flat anymore after the argument I had with a deer and wasn't pushing the switch down far enough. I switched the alarm back on again and it now works as it should from the remote control. :thumbup: