Quite a few questions regarding oversize rings,wrist pins bearings etc.

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by LowlifeDubber, Aug 15, 2012.

1. LowlifeDubber New Member

I have a few questions for you guys im hoping you can help me with.

I have an overbored 2.8 12v obd2 im popping in my car around xmas once ive built it from the ground up.
    Its running Mahle 82.48 pistons and it also denoted Sp000.3 on them too(what does that mean?)

Anyway it is running standard 20mm wrist pins/gudgeon pins so im ok as far as replacing them.
    However im really struggling to find a supplier of new oversize rings.Can anybody help me out?
    I plan on getting the new rings and then dropping them off at the machine shop along with the block to match them and give the bores a light hone,is there anything else you suggest i get them to do while its in there?

Ive also managed to get some ARP rod bolts but struggling to find a uk supplier of head studs?Any ideas?

Ive got a full bottom end gasket set on its way,along with a few other essentials but im stuck on where to get the timing chains and tensioners from?Is there a good after market option or am i better off going straight to VW?
    Same with big end/main shells because when the crank goes away it might end up being reground.Do vw do oversize bearings?

Sorry for all the questions.Id just like to get a few loose ends tied up before i set about building it up.

Its going FI btw.

2. LowlifeDubber New Member

Thanks Cerips ive tried all them bar Kent Cams and nobody has them in stock :(
    But i will try Kent tomorrow.Thanks very much.

Gary