R32 Wiring Mk2 Golf

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by N1CKY, Jul 14, 2012.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

2. N1CKY New Member

Thanks for that mate, Appreciated.

3. N1CKY New Member

Is there any particular pedal i need ? Or just any mk4/5 Golf thats on Flyby ?

Cheers

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

mk4 and mk5 pedal are different it's best to use the one to match you ecu or you run into problems

5. N1CKY New Member

Right, Its been over a year and i havent touched this project due to other reasons. I think its about time to get it running. I think iv got it wired up correctly from what i remember. It just wont spark or inject fuel. I personally dont think the guy decoded the ecu correctly. But he says he did [:x] Is there any more documentation on this since last year? so i can re-check my wiring and stuff before i send the ecu off to someone trustworthy.

Cheers,

Nicky

6. Chapman Forum Member

Have you wired in the diagnostic port? No fuel or spark most likely means no power to ECU, or like you say immobiliser issues (after a second or so). If you cant speak to the ECU then that would mean there is no power to it

7. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

Check the relay is plugged in and is the correct one - the one in the engine bay.

There will be two relays one is for SAI - ensure they not the wrong way around.

Also check at the relay point check for power with key on and off position. The little of the pins (can't remember number) should get 12v when ignition is turned to on position

8. N1CKY New Member

Hello lads, finally had another bash at this. Ripped it all out and started again. Still got no spark!! Got the kine wired up and it's saying no comms to cluster (that I don't have) a local auto electrician said he immo off'd the ecu but I'm not sure he did. Another question I belive I have the ce1 fuse box and the fuel pump wiring says to put the fuel pump wiring to plugs on the G section. Some of them are earths though? So I'm reluctant to wire the fuel side up for now, is this right?

9. N1CKY New Member

Just thought I'd quote you so you see this thread, I hear your **** hot with these. Cheers

10. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

may help:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?267196

when i do them i put the fuel wiring to fuel pump power e/14, on a proper gti loom there will be a spade hanging off it you can use. failing that you can use the large spade N on the fusebox as thats a fuel pump feed as well, but you'll need to use an inline fuse