Race spring rates and ARB use

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by RobT, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Natedogg Forum Member

but it'll look ****! lol. (i did consider a 165/45 but thats not much smaller rolling diameter than the 195/40 - buit thats a thread for e38 and not here!)
    cars not built for race car handling - been there done that when i was a young lad and can't afford the speeding tickets or the track days these days now i'm married etc!
    thanks for the advice, will keep roll bar fitted, sort the camber top mounts and get it re-aligned with between -1 and -2 camber and some slight toe in and see what happens and report back.

2. Admin Guest

To follow up on this after 3hirty8ight revealed that he runs high rear tyres pressure. I tried higher rear pressures out over the short and twisty Curby Club sprint, I kept the fronts at around 27psi and steadily increased the rears up two or three psi at a time and then ran the car and evaluated the feedback.

I was pretty happy with 38psi in the rears, the car really did feel like it was driving round the tight corners much better and i could definitely feel the rear stepping out. I did have a couple of small moments where the rear was bounced of the curbs and another where it went very twitchy under heavy trail braking, however, it was still all controllable and much improved on lower pressures.

Big thanks really to this thread.

3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

How do I calculate wheel frequency on a Mk2? I've looked at a number of websites, and they all seem to do it differently.

4. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

5. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks