Racism ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by superden, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superden Forum Addict

Whislt trying to avoid controversy (and the inevitable thread deletion that follows) ...

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why black people like the woman in Rich`s office cant get over themselves and accept the fact that words like nigga arent racist anymore and are in fact a part of everyday language in many circles ?

My dad is Irish. Yet when someone calls him a paddy/mick or takes the p*ss about the stereotypical stupid Irishman he manages to avoid getting a stomp on and ranting about people being racist. He takes it in his stride (as an adult should) and doesnt let it bother him.

And before someone gives that load of old pony about it being because blacks (oooh, blacks, is that allowed ...) were oppressed, the Irish were oppressed too. By the English as a matter of fact.

I think some black people need to lose the chip from their shoulder as they do NO good for social harmony or integration whatsoever.
    Edited by: superden

2. birchie90 Forum Member

I cannot understand this either - I have a black mate who I go out with quiet alot. The banter between the two of us inevitabley slides to racist remarks which neither of us find offencive and we find very very funny... But you should see some of the looks we get when we are out...

Never may I point out looking at him always me!!!

Explain this when he gives as good as he gets?

3. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

I know what you mean. These peeps need to loosen up and realise when some is or is not actually being racist.

4. anton Forum Member

I was in the pub describing my choice of puppy (labrador), when i mentioned we had been to look at 3 black female doges. It was only when i turned round and saw this huge black guy looking at me that i realised i may have said it a bit louder than i thought!! A certain amount of back peddaling and 'cute' puppy on my phone photos was required to prevent that beating!![8(]

5. Gunk Forum Member

Apparently it's not PC to have black or white coffee anymore, just with or without milk.

There was chess book that got banned because the example game had the white player winning.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

6. Red_TN Forum Member

The answer to this question is, i really dont know! I would like to know tho!

7. thebluebus Forum Junkie

isnt it chalkboard these days? its BLACK FFS.......its still a colour [:x]

8. superden Forum Addict

The problem is, racism exists and is directed at all social groups. It just depends where in the world you live as to whether or not you are a target.

A lot of black people I meet (though by no means all) seem to think that they are a special case. Like being black means you can play the race card at any opportunity, yet its not ok for people of other ethnicity to do so. I find that to be both pompous and conceited.

I find it highly irritating that certain rap `artists` (I use the term very loosely) feel its ok to spew vile obscenities about gay people, yet they are the first to complain if their minority `rights` are violated.
    Edited by: superden

9. Guests Banned

it think your preaching as much as them den.

:)

10. superden Forum Addict

So ? Why the f*ck shouldnt I ?

These arrogant pr*cks have the rules bent and broken to suit them because nobody dares say anything.

If you consider speaking out against a blatantly disproportionate social attitude to be preaching then yes. I am.

11. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

I like black, its one of the better mk2 colours!

12. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

:o

pot, kettle, nigger.

13. GT

GT Forum Member

its a % of them that kick up such a fuss that it gives them all a bad name.

14. Andy947 Forum Addict

What exactly is wrong with discriminating between people anyway??

You are allowed to have any opinion you want, be it right or wrong :)

15. superden Forum Addict

I neither claim any distinction or merit, nor do I have a unecessarily high opinion of myself.

I simply state my opinions.

I dont recall ever insisting people change their attitude/language/behaviour to suit me.

Please, enlighten me ...

16. b'locks Forum Addict

I can understand someone getting offended by the word nigger and I think the woman at Rich's work had a right to complain and explain that the word offends her....but to Rich himself, not the boss behind Rich's back, because that's blatantly trying to make it out to be something it wasn't and get Rich in the sh1t which is very, very c*ntish imo.

I can understand why some black people might get offended by the word nigger just like some people get offended by the Nazi swastika. Then again, saying that, how can they seriously turn round and have a go at a white person for saying nigger when a lot of black people call each other nigger anyway? [:s]

As for the whole thing about censoring the word, 'black' because it might offend....WTF?!?! :lol:

17. Jeff Forum Junkie

lmao!

Dens got a point though.

18. b'locks Forum Addict

Just because someone has a strong view of their own and has the balls to express it, doesn't mean they are pompous or conceited.

19. Guests Banned

silly to use a word like nigger in a work place.....so what if you dont think it will offend...your just asking for trouble

[:s]

20. GT

GT Forum Member

like he said though, he was talking to his mate. If the woman doesn't want to be offended then don't listen to his conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.