Radiator for Jenvy throttle bodies

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by sharper, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sharper New Member

For those of you with throttle bodies, what type of radiator are you using? I have the Jenvey induction filter kit and need the radiator lower in the engine bay. Also reaLly need to get more cooling so a wider radiator would make sense. Any advice much appreciated.

2. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

What Mk of car are we talking about? I had a similar issue on my Mk1 racecar and ended up getting a custom alloy radiator fabricated. fantastic piece of kit and well worth the price in my opinion, the company I used is a company called Alloy Racing Fabrications www.alloyracingfabrications.com.

3. sharper New Member

It's a Mk 2. A custom radiator sounds expensive.

4. Peter Jones Forum Member

Custom radiator here too.

13" x 13" double stacked 55mm cores.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn't go under the Jenveys due to there being a lot of dry sump plumbing and a big oil cooler over on that side.

5. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Mine was 325...which I think is pretty reasonable for a custom alloy rad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sharper New Member

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'm told that a turbo diesel Golf rad is one way forward - wider but not as high. Anyone tried this? Otherwise a custom rad is not as expensive as I thought.