Rain leak Mk2 16v

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by loach, May 29, 2010.

1. loach

loach Forum Member

Hi all,

i have rain dripping in on the rear top of the rubber car mat in the passenger footwell , the leak seems to be coming from somewhere at the back of the glove box and running down any idea's ?

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

pull the scuttle trim off under the bonnet...sounds like its leaking in through the heater ..or a rot hole

3. loach

loach Forum Member

Cheers , and rot free !

4. theboymike Forum Junkie

I have exactly the same problem - have a look underneath and see if it's dripping off the bottom of the heater assembly. Fingers crossed mine isn't rotten either; I think it's coming in through the heater assembly itself.

As Pigbladder says check the scuttle tray; probably also worth pulling off the leaf guard and checking that it's sealed against the scuttle properly - a smear of grease should sort it.

Still not completely got to the bottom of my problem yet - be interested to hear how you get on :thumbup:

5. lewi 8v New Member

Check the scuttle tray for any signs of cracks or holes as you will find its coming in from the bit under the scuttle tray.

6. loach

loach Forum Member

Had leaf guard off , checked heater , no holes cracks or rot , ran a hosepipe no leak can be found. Was dripping good style yesterday in the rain , confused !!

7. beetie

beetie Forum Member

check the sunroof drains are clear.

open the sunroof to check by pouring water in the hole in the front corner of the aperture. it should all come out behind the front wheel.

8. loach

loach Forum Member

Thanks all just waiting for it to rain now !