Rallye VR6 update

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Jeff, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Jeff Forum Junkie

I've had a lot of people ask me recently whats happening with my rallye. So here it is, if for no other reason than to save me typing it over and over into msn! (I'm grateful for all your concerns though)

yes I still own it. For those that dont know, I accidentally over revved it by putting it in 2nd instead of 4th at about 90mph! suffice to say its a bit knackered!

unfortunately the garage I keep it in at my mums house has been turned into a "rallye prison" by some builders who are building an extension on her house! they have put a scaffolding pole right across the garage door about 1 foot in front of it. its an up and over door, so its been effectively been barred shut for the last month, with my rallye in it, held captive!

respite is at hand though, mainly because my mum (bless her, shes so thoughtful of my needs!) wants to use the garage to store building materials, so she wants the car out! and the door open! She couldnt care less if my car was kept in there for the next 6 months, except for the fact she needs the space. So tomorrow the scaffolding is being rearranged and the car is coming out to be parked in the street.

From there, it will get towed off to designa dubs workshop, where it is to undergo a lengthy (due to finances!) conversion to a vr6 turbo, running approx 350bhp, we hope. Matt has already aquired the turbo, it came from a porsche 911 apparently! its a T4 for those in the know...

At the latest I want to have it ready for inters next year. Watch this space!

Edited by: Jeff

2. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Hope it all goes well for ya. [:^:]

3. 76

76 Forum Member

sounds good, builders, who'd have em!!!

4. wolfie2 Forum Member

good look with the rebuild jeff,i'm toying with the idea of selling the limited and buying summat else, somthing i'm not afraid to use on a track etc.dont get me wrong i love me mota i'm just scared to use at sprints or trackdays in case sum loony writes it off (that includes me).its getting more power first tho.

5. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

When I saw Rallye Vr6 Update, I thought you were gonna be posting something dodgey about me!! ;)

Can't wait till DesignaDubs sort the car for you mate, should be a bit of a flyer. And you might even wipe that smug smile Rallye's has had slapped all over his Chevy Chase every time some one mmentions him whooping you at Inters!!

6. Jeff Forum Junkie

thats the plan Nick! muahahahaha [}:)]

7. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Don;t worry Jeff, even though he whooped you last time. yours sounded better. And will spund better agian with your Vr6 Turbo, and his 20Vt.

And anyway the 10 year old kid that I explained to that your car wasn't a G60, but a VR6 was very impressed!! Mind you, I do feel guilt, he bet with his mate you would win after I told him what engine yours had.

His Mate laughed in his face when you got whooped. I hope you have that on your concience!! ;)
    Edited by: RallyeVR6

8. Jeff Forum Junkie

Can I just put the record straight and point out that he didnt whoop me at all and was only 0.1 secs faster than me at the end of the 1/4 mile! And his clutch stank afterwards wheres mine didnt :p

edit. ooops!
    Edited by: Jeff

9. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

1.4 mile? No wonder you where so close. He slowed down after 0.25 of a mile :p

10. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Nice One Jeff - Will look forward to seeing the outcome.

Remember to get those badges straightened up, while you're at it. [:D]

11. Jeff Forum Junkie

the badges are off mate! have been for months :)

12. Macca Forum Member

Just wondering what it would cost to turbocharge a vr6. seems a brilliant idea but i havent heard of it being done before. If i ever get out of university and start earning, its something i might consider. :)

13. Jeff Forum Junkie

3k upwards - depends how silly you want to go with power, I'm under the impression that the skys the limit, almost, as long as you have deep enough pockets (which I dont!)

14. Rallye Forum Junkie

hheheheh testing standing starts in the car park, 2nd gear and dropping the clutch at 6000rpm

i stood still with the clutch lipping like mad.

800g's will tell you what a mess the clutch was when we took the engine out.

Suppose i better pull my finger out and get my turbo lump going.
    Edited by: Rallye

15. Macca Forum Member

Thanks Jeff, i guess i'd have to double that figure to get insured on it, but i'm allowed to dream [:D] hope it all goes well