Recommissioning mk2

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Ditchyboy, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Ditchyboy Forum Member

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

If you can at all try and get Bosch for the distributor cap, rotor and HT leads. I wouldn't go for anything else myself as it's the best (in my opinion) My next choice would be Beru if Bosch is not an option. The same applies to the spark plugs if you are changing them.

3. Ditchyboy Forum Member

I have already got spark plugs, i think from memory these were Bosch. I will have a look now.

4. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Cant see any of the obvious places with Bosch stuff. Are the bits i have links to the right fitment for my car? I can then try to look around for alternatives knowing these are correct.

5. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Well the description on the links seem to be correct that’s all I can tell you - don’t forget Beru as well if Bosch can’t be found for ignition parts. Pump seems to be and Febi Bilstein should be fine. Heater matrix should be grand also.

I would also recommend looking at mister auto - I always use them and they haven’t let me down plus they normally have more known brands available

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

http://www.vwspares.co.uk is where I get most of my bits, they do beru mostly which is fine built loads of cars with them and my own as well