Red Rear Lights

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by vwbobby, Sep 18, 2013.

1. vwbobby Forum Member

Evening All,

I just want some advise, basically I got a set of all red rear lights on my corrado, the only problem I am having is managing to get my indicators to flash amber? I initially had clear bulbs in there and it was flashing red, so I thought let me try orange bulbs, put them in and still flashes red. I am totally baffled now.

What bulbs does everyone use to allow it to flash amber through all red rear lights, please help, as I really want to keep the red lights on my car and do not want to revert back to the smoked one I have?

Cheers

Bobby

2. DuBAndy Forum Member

I think some guys on the corrado forum used green bulbs to make their indicators flash orange. Or apply less tiniting spray? Assuming they are tinted?

3. vwbobby Forum Member

They have been tinted already, worst case scenario is there a way I can make the tinting spray less thinner?

4. watercooled Forum Member

Tinting spray TOO thick my son had his done by a mate for his mk2 gti and they are great,fine sand lenses apply tint then fine sand and buff,all lamps as factory,you could fine sand it back but the results may be patchy?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aye try green bulbs its the generally accepted way of getting red lenses to flash orange ;)

6. vwbobby Forum Member

Cheers guys will do this, order the green bulbs so should have them soon and will see