Relay help needed please

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Cressa, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

86 mk2 8v gti. Ce1 fusebox.
    I've had the relays swapped so that I could continually run the fuel pump on ignition for injector flow testing.
    Had it like this for months, but had a brain fart and can not remember what I did.
    I thought I had put them in the correct position, but the fuel pump does not prime and I have the indicator light on !!!
    So I'm thinking wrong position.... sods law that of the 1000 pictures taken I don't have one of this from before
    Could anyone look at the pictures and put me out of my misery please It's the 62 and 17 I have messed with
    20230622_185123.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

Here’s a picture of my CE1 fuse box. Hope it helps. One other thing, my 16v with a blue number 67 relay primes when I switch ignition on but my 8v (pictured) doesn’t prime when I switch ignition on. IMG_5108.jpeg

3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

I'm interested to know what relay No.5 does in Slot 4.
    This is how mine are positioned
    20230625_114219.jpg

4. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

It’s an ‘84 model with old style clocks that has temp and fuel on the tacho instead of just fuel, leaving the top centre of the clocks (where temp is normally) for an MPG/shift gauge.

Did you manage to get yours sorted?

5. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Not yet as i Ran out of time.... no free time at the moment either unfortunately.