Remove/delete. PAS pump on 12v.

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by ELVIS, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ELVIS Forum Member

Sorry it's a 12v Q! Want to remove PAS pump completely for engine transplant of a 12v. I don't suppose anyone has done it? I am hoping it's as easy as removing the pump and putting on a shorter belt?!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yep thats about it! I dont know the length off hand but you could use the string method. or track down some mk1 vr6 guys and see what belt they used :)

12v pump wise a fair few VAG use them as do0 other manufacturers, look at various polo and possibly MK3 golf 1.4(?) take care you dont go too modern as they rely on steering angle sensors in the rack to work properly you want a billy basic pump setup

3. benthejettaman Forum Member

cant remember the belt length of the top of my head but i do remember you have to use a 5 rib belt and not a 6 rib belt to clear a bolt

4. shaggyjh Forum Member

I used a 6pk1105 belt on my Mk1 Golf VR6 with the power steering pump removed. I'll try and take a photo this evening when i get home.

5. shaggyjh Forum Member