removing mk1 wings???

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Gareth83, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

can someone explain to me in simple terms how to remove my front wing on my scirocco mk1???
    i'm assuming it's the same as a mk1 golf, which is...............????

how??

cheers

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

This is how you'd do a mk1 Golf after removing bumper and wheel arch liners:

- four 10mm bolts to remove from the top of the inner wing

- one 10 mm bolt off the lower front of the wing (connects to lower front panel)

- one 10 mm bolt to remove from the lower rear edge of the wing

- three 10 mm bolts to remove from the rear edge of the wing. The tricky bit! Equally spaced but hard to find under the underseal. Carefully dig around with a stanley knife/screwdriver to find the bolt caps and remove.

- Now the only thing holding the wing on is the underseal. Stanley knife needed to cut a line all the way down the back edge of the wing from inside the arch. Wear gloves, take time, it ain't easy. Check the wing from time to time to see what appears to be loosening, and cut more lines in the underseal as you need to..

3. Admin Guest

what he said.

one to watch is the lower on near the door, can be a totally get as its open to all the elements there.