Removing the butterfly valve from egr valve with the asv still work?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by ThE_gOg, May 23, 2014.

1. ThE_gOg Forum Member

hi,

i bought a darkside developments egr delete kit to replace my leaky egr valve on my lupo 1.4 tdi amf, this design does not retain the anti-shudder valve so there is no a noticeable shake on shutdown. i had an allard one on a pd150 golf i owned a while ago and the shudder was minimal, from what i've read the 3 pot seems to be worse.

anyway, on shutdown the anti-shudder valve cuts off the air to the engine right? so if i was to remove the butterfly from my standard egr and smooth out the inside, i would still get the shudder even with the asv on the outside as the butterfly inside would be gone, as i'm assuming the asv shuts the butterfly to shut off the air?

anybody removed the butterfly from their egr? anybody have any pics or it done?

2. Dubnutter Forum Member

I have done it with a pd 130, removed the spindle and egr vac head with a grinder, then sealed all the holes with a welder and some plate. Then dremeled the inside out to make it as smooth as possible. Works a treat and still retains the ASV function.

3. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

That's my understanding. The anti-shudder valve is that butterfly, what moves its position would be better called the ASV controller, whether it's a vacuum motor or something electric.

4. murph81 Forum Member

Yes, the butterfly valve is the anti-shudder valve.