Renault Spigot Rings?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by Nev93, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

New wheels are on the car, but am getting a slight vibration. i know they need balancing, (being done tommorow).
    I have got Renault Wheels on and i was wondering if anyone knows the difference in the centre bore . I know Vw is 57mm but i dont know what Renault is (and i KNOW i should have checked before i put them on, but was too excited at the time and it was starting to rain :lol: )....it might be ok after balancing tomorrow, but just want to be on the safe side.

and if i do need them, where's the best/quickest place to get them from?

Thanks.

2. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Panic over, Renualt bore is 60mm... methinks i need some spigot rings......

Don't you just love talking to yourself [:s]

3. madmonkey Forum Addict

I think you'll need a set specially made too, try and get them made out of nylon. Less likely to rust onto your hub. :)

4. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Have been quoted 5 each off the shelf so will see what they are like. thanks for the advice anyhoo.

5. madmonkey Forum Addict

Cool! Off the shelf? Nice one. Didn't know you could do that [:$]

6. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Most spigots are nylon now a days, take it they`re aftermarket wheels in the renualt fitment and not genuine renault wheels?

7. dubstar Forum Member

There genuine renault alloys:

pics here

ps mates account so different name :)

8. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Spoke to a guy at halfords, said they only do rings for the wheels they sell. I only need 3mm spigot, but because they are standard wheels i need specific parts. Will ring Tweeks this afternoon.

ps dub, thanks for the pics. [:D]

9. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

ok, just spoken to Demon tweeks, and as i thought, they only do Spigot Rings for aftermarket wheels.

I am based in Chester, does anyone know where i can get a set made? The difference in the bore is only 3mm, but if i can get a set for cheap enough its worth doing...

any help??

thanks.

10. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I think my Fox racing spigots are 60mm outer and 57mm inner, although if the wheels haven`t got the tapered recess in the back to accept the spigot they won`t fit properly.. I`ve got a set of spigots here, I`ll measure one up for you tomorrow.

11. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Had the wheels balanced, and the tracking done ( all 4 wheels. I ws told i have a slight buckle n the front wheel, nothing to bad, but enough to wobble the steering wheel. but instead of sw*pping it to the back, they just put it back on the front. . .

Will change it at the weekend and see how it is... will change the engine mount as well ( finally ) so the dashboard dashboard will stop vibrating. [:s]
    Edited by: Otnev93

12. Seizure Forum Member

Ahhh, Clio 16v Phase 1 alloys. I fancy a set of them polished up. Bling. :)

You should be OK to run without the spigot rings as the bolts centre the wheels. All the ring does is make it easier to get the bolts back in when putting the wheel on. But I'm sure you realise that, as you've been running them already.

13. Diddy New Member

Lmfbo... How cowinsidental, I was about to ask a question relating to ren wheels fitting a golf as i have a set of speedlines off a williams. [:D]

Now i know... lol

14. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

As Seizure said, there isnt the need for Spigot rings. My Mate had them on his mk2 before they were pwder coated and they were fine.

I have a slight buckle in the front wheel, so will change it over, get it balanced, and it should be ok. They do lok good though.

see picsWheels