Replace K Jet Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by MK2Prav, May 13, 2018.

1. MK2Prav New Member

Dear all ,

I want to remove undercar fuel pump and simplify the system...everythings needs a overhaul so hoping there is a simple solution.

I understand it runs high pressure but everyone I've asked have provided conflicting info about keeping the black fuel resovoir...hope you guys can help.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the reservoir is there to provide a reserve of fuel for the main pump, without it you run the risk of pump running dry when cornering if fuel is low in the tank. also many pumps do not like having to suck fuel from up inside the tank, and some can also get damaged if they run dry as the fuel provides lubrication for the internals

3. MK2Prav New Member

Hey Jonny,

Thanks for reply, I normally keep the tank 1/2 full so hopefully starvation shouldn't b a problem although if it did become one a swirl pot I'm guessing would sort that...

The idea is get rid of the black resovoir whilst keeping the filter and accumulator and installing this

http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/flutra-competition-fuel-injection-pump-6-bar-120-litres-hour-959/

With it being the correct sort of pressure I'm hoping this will work...only then I'm unsure of what to do with the return pipe.

I'm reluctant to sort out the black resovoir as it needs it all...pipes and fuel pump and I'm unsure what engine route I'm going so dont wanna invest init

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

my mate used a mk1 cab/rocco/g40 shape polo external swirl pot and strapped that to the side of a mk3 gofl filter carrier, and strapped the pump on the other. you would also have to mount the fuel accumulator. Heres a piccy of it unfinished but it gives you the idea:
    g1latereservoir.jpg

or another solution maybe go for mk3 fuel tank setup, these have a swrl pot built into the main pump in the tank. main pump will only be a pre-supply for the main pump you have there so you would only need a low spec SPI type main pump in the tank, run fuel return direct to the mk3 pump