Replaced brake lines Abs pump bleed needed?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by mrglee, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Adamss24 Forum Member

Fingers crossed for you, kwick fit has been nothing but troubles for years, most of their techs are spotty kids with absolutely zero experience in anything remotely mechanical...hope you struck luck !

2. mrglee Forum Member

Well a complete waste of time no spotty kids but can't do it the car is too old !!! Going to do it myself
    What version of vcds do I need to make the abs pump run (95 GTi 8v) and what do I need to run this on windows ?.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  3. Adamss24 Forum Member

Best would be to drive onto a bit of gravel/grass and brake hard to get the abs pump to work, you then bleed as usual…sadly I never scanned mk2 golf so I don’t know if you need the old 2+2 adaptor or the stock obd2 connector…

mrglee likes this.
  4. mrglee Forum Member

No really an option here no MOT only have a small area to move car I think there is a minimum speed that abs will operate from and I don't think can get enough speed up to get the abs to fire

5. mrglee Forum Member

Got a bag of ballast and dumped in one spot on the drive spread around a bit and the abs fires any more information on bleed down
    will the air be drawn back inside the pump if I lift the brake pedal after the abs has fired before bleeding ?
    If I put ballast in one spot so only one wheel activates the abs then bleed that circuit till clear and repeat for others this sound good ?

6. mrglee Forum Member

The ballast worked a treat got a burst of air out of n/s/f funny enough not one of the lines I disturbed brakes are very good now and after 18 months off road just passed its MOT [:D]

dodgy likes this.
  7. H8V

h8v Forum Member

Great news after all that trying. Next time someone has the same problem you'll be able to tell them the solution!
    Don't drive too fast!

8. stephen stanyer Forum Member

Glad your perseverance paid off